Author Notes: This fluffy bread has an amazing orange flavor that is highlighted by a beautiful yellow hue (from the turmeric) and texture from the chia seeds. —Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
grams mashed ripe bananas
grams non dairy milk
grams granulated sugar
zest from 2 oranges
grams all purpose flour
grams baking powder
tablespoons chia seeds
teaspoon ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf tin with oil.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, non dairy milk, sugar, and orange zest.
- In another large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, chia seeds, and ground turmeric.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry and fold until just combined. Do not over mix! This batter will seem thicker and stickier than normal.
- Pour into greased loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting in. Enjoy!