If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fluffy bread has an amazing orange flavor that is highlighted by a beautiful yellow hue (from the turmeric) and texture from the chia seeds. —Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
grams mashed ripe bananas
grams non dairy milk
grams granulated sugar
zest from 2 oranges
grams all purpose flour
grams baking powder
tablespoons chia seeds
teaspoon ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf tin with oil.
- In a bowl, mix the mashed banana, non dairy milk, sugar, and orange zest.
- In another large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, chia seeds, and ground turmeric.
- Combine the wet mixture into the dry and fold until just combined. Do not over mix! This batter will seem thicker and stickier than normal.
- Pour into greased loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting in. Enjoy!