If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This fluffy cake is amazingly fluffy and airy. This cake is perfect for any occasion. :) —Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cups fine sugar
cup cake flour
tablespoons lemon zest
large egg whites
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, and salt.
- Combine egg whites and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar and continue to beat. Then slowly add in the fine sugar. Beat until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg white meringue a fourth at a time. Make sure to FOLD! Do not over mix or else the cake will deflate in the oven.
- Scoop the mixture into an un-greased angel food cake tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Invert the pan onto a cup or on its legs. The cake will not fall through because you didn't grease the pan.
- Once completely cooled, gently scrape the edges to remove the cake. Enjoy!