This fluffy cake is amazingly fluffy and airy. This cake is perfect for any occasion. :)
This fluffy cake is amazingly fluffy and airy. This cake is perfect for any occasion. :)—Melissa Huang
Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cups fine sugar
cup cake flour
tablespoons lemon zest
large egg whites
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, and salt.
- Combine egg whites and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar and continue to beat. Then slowly add in the fine sugar. Beat until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg white meringue a fourth at a time. Make sure to FOLD! Do not over mix or else the cake will deflate in the oven.
- Scoop the mixture into an un-greased angel food cake tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Invert the pan onto a cup or on its legs. The cake will not fall through because you didn't grease the pan.
- Once completely cooled, gently scrape the edges to remove the cake. Enjoy!