If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe makes for the best boba (better than store bought). Super chewy and easy to make! —Melissa Huang
Makes: 2 cups
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
cup tapioca starch
cup boiling water
some kind of sweetener
- Heat the water until a rapid boil. Pour into the tapioca starch and start mixing immediately.
- Once the water is all worked it, you can use your hands to start to knead it. Please don't burn yourself! It should resemble a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin snake (use tapioca starch on your hands and surface to prevent it form sticking).
- Cut however big you want. Note that they will grow a little when cooking.
- Boil a pot of water and carefully place all the pearls in. Cook until they float (about 2 minutes).
- Immediately remove from the water and place into whatever cup you are planning to serve your boba in.
- Pour some pure maple syrup, agave syrup, honey, or sugar water over the boba until completely submerged.
- Make whatever drink you want on top, pour it over the pearls then enjoy!