Author Notes: This recipe makes for the best boba (better than store bought). Super chewy and easy to make! —Melissa Huang
Makes: 2 cups
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
cup tapioca starch
cup boiling water
some kind of sweetener
- Heat the water until a rapid boil. Pour into the tapioca starch and start mixing immediately.
- Once the water is all worked it, you can use your hands to start to knead it. Please don't burn yourself! It should resemble a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a thin snake (use tapioca starch on your hands and surface to prevent it form sticking).
- Cut however big you want. Note that they will grow a little when cooking.
- Boil a pot of water and carefully place all the pearls in. Cook until they float (about 2 minutes).
- Immediately remove from the water and place into whatever cup you are planning to serve your boba in.
- Pour some pure maple syrup, agave syrup, honey, or sugar water over the boba until completely submerged.
- Make whatever drink you want on top, pour it over the pearls then enjoy!