If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just a perfect one pot meal for fall and winter. Its simple to make if you buy prepackaged soup starter with chopped celery, carrots and onions. Do not leave out the pancetta, it makes the recipe. —nbert
- 1 pound Cooked Lentils
- 12 ounces Kamut Ditalini or Orzo Pasta
- 4 small to medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 small package of pancetta
- 32 ounces Turkey Broth
- 32 ounces Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 Package of Mirapoux (chopped onions, celery, carrots)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Grated Parmegiano Reggianno to taste
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 Leek
- Saute pancetta to render fat and juices.
- Add the chopped celery, onions, carrots, and leeks to the pancetta. Saute for 7 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic to pot and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add turkey and chicken broth to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta (orzo or ditalini) to pot and let cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils to the pot.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes (just microwave for about 6 minutes).
- Let full soup cook for about 10-12 minutes on low heat to blend all flavors.
- Add salt, pepper to taste.
- Add fresh herbs at the end to taste: parsley, thyme or any your like.