Parmesan crusted chicken breasts cooked to perfection, and served on a bed of thin spaghetti, and topped off with a zesty lemon butter sauce. —Dash of Amy
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 5
- Parmesan Chicken
organic half and half
package thin spaghetti, cooked & strained
- Lemon Butter Sauce
garlic cloves, minced
organic chicken broth
large lemons, juiced
1 1/2 teaspoons
basil leaves, finely chopped
fresh Parmesan cheese
In This Recipe
- Get 3 plates, and place the flour on one, the eggs and half and half on one, and the Parmesan on the last one.
- Using a fork dip both sides of the chicken in flour first, then egg mixture, then coat well with Parmesan cheese. Set on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp olive oil; add the chicken, sprinkle evenly with 1 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Cook until the chicken is crispy and golden, about 5 minutes, then flip it and cook the other side another 5 minutes. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet with paper towels, then melt the 6 tbsp of butter, and crush the garlic in it. Cook one minute being careful not to burn it.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Then add the corn starch, and bring to a boil constantly stirring to break up the clumps.
- Once the corn starch is dissolved, and sauce is bubbly, strain it into a medium saucepan using a fine mesh strainer.
- Add the chopped basil leaves and mix well. Keep the sauce warm on the stove until ready to serve.
- To serve, place a heaping spoonful of spaghetti onto a plate, top with a piece of the chicken, and then a ladle or two of the sauce. (A little sauce goes a long way)
- Sprinkle the top with fresh Parmesan cheese, and serve right away.
- WATCH ME MAKE THIS ON YOUTUBE: DASH OF AMY