Crispy, crunchy and sweet apple fritters in a vegan and gluten free batter; with delightful bites of healthy walnuts, it is a perfect tea time snack!
Crispy, crunchy and sweet apple fritters in a vegan and gluten free batter; with delightful bites of healthy walnuts, it is a perfect tea time snack!—Vanitha
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
cup rice flour
tablespoons chickpea flour/besan
teaspoon gluten-free cinnamon powder
salt to taste
tablespoons powdered sugar
cup peeled and chopped apples
cup chopped walnuts
Extra powdered sugar and cinnamon for dusting
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except apples, walnuts and oil. Add enough water to make a thick but flowing batter. Do a taste test and adjust the amount of salt and sugar according to your taste.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Stir in chopped apples and walnuts into the batter and give it a good mix. The batter should coat the apples and walnuts and if too thin, stir in some cornstarch or chickpea flour. If the batter is too thick, add some water.
- Once the oil is hot, drop spoonfuls of apple batter into the oil and reduce heat. Fry on medium heat until crispy and golden brown. Drain on oil absorbent paper-lined plates.
- Serve hot, crispy cinnamon flavored apple and walnut fritters or pakoras immediately sprinkled with extra sugar and cinnamon. These crispies are best served hot. If they cool down, deep fry them again for a few seconds in hot oil and serve immediately! Enjoy!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples