Author Notes: Halwa means a sweet thick Indian dessert basically prepared using milk, ghee and sugar as the main ingredient mostly during festivals. But here I have not used any milk. Simply cook the grated apple in ghee, sugar and some flavor like cinnamon and cardamom and finally I have added some ready-made crumbled boondi ladoo ( round fried gram flour balls like pearls first soaked into sugar syrup, then flavored with edible camphor, cloves and cardamon, finally shaped into balls ). Finally I just sprinkle some chopped almonds while serving, but any dry-fruits of choice can be added while cooking the halwa too. The whole process is so simple yet tastes so delicious and healthy too. And kids will definitely love this lip smacking dessert. This apple boondi halwa is so perfect dish to prepare during festivals as well as a healthy after-school tiffin ideas for kids. —Sasmita
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
pieces Boondi ladoo
cup Granulated sugar
teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Wash and peel all the apples first.
- Core, dice each peeled apple and finally grate them.
- Cook again till whole mixture starts to thicken.
- Add cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and mix again well.
- Cook for 1 minute more and then turn off heat.
- Add the crumbled ladoo and mix well again.
- Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle some finely chopped almonds and serve warm or cold !