When I first made this I didn't use butter since I didn't have any, but instead I used sour cream and if you would like to you can, but I think it would be fine with butter. Also when i made this recipe I estimated, so if you think you should use more of any ingredients ad them in 1 ounce at a time. One ounce in 2 tablespoons —natalie metzger
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
- Makes 24
packed brown sugar ( light or dark)
semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using an electric mixer add the 6 ounces butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together until mixed (2 minutes). Then add in the eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together using a whisk. Then slowly add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.
- In a sauce pan on low melt 4 ounces of the chocolate and the rest of the butter mixing it every now and then. Once the chocolate is completely melted take it of the burner and let cool for a few minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling using a spatula fold in the of the chocolate to the cookie mixture.
- Once the chocolate is done cooling slowly ad the chocolate to the cookies until fully combined.
- Drop teaspoon sized balls of the cookie batter onto the prepared cookie pans 1-2 in apart. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. Once the cookies are done leave them on the pan for 1 minute then using a metal spatula transfer them to a cooling rack.