Author Notes: Paired best with Santa Margherita's Chianti Classico Riserva - this ruby colored wine, in particular, makes a perfect pairing with game meat through its vigorous tannins and fresh acidity, followed by an aroma of forest fruits and sweet spice against a backdrop of herbs and autumn leaves. —tastytots17
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs
cup Balsamic Vinegar
tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar, kept aside
Shallots, thinly sliced
cup Low-salt chicken broth
cup Fresh tart cherries, pitted
- Coat pork in vinaigrette and allow to rest. Minimum 10 minutes up to 1 hour.
- In a pan melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium high heat.
- Sauté pork until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Set pork aside, covered.
- Add remaining butter to pan and melt. Add sliced shallots and sauté until lightly golden.
- Add stock, pitted cherries and the remaining marinade to the onions. Deglaze pan and bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add pork to the pan and simmer until cooked through - about 2 minutes per side. Check temp for doneness. Plate the pork chops and spoon sauce over to serve. Note: If using sweet cherries - Taste test the sauce prior to adding pork and add extra balsamic vinegar to taste.