Author Notes: These raw truffles are decadent yet much healthier than your average dessert! —Through The Kitchen
Makes: 24 truffles
Prep time: 30 min
cups almond meal
dates (I used Halawi dates, but you can use any kind)
ounces dark chocolate (70% cacao at least)
tablespoons cocoa powder + more for rolling
tablespoon ground coffee
teaspoons cayenne pepper
tablespoons water (recommend using the water you soaked the dates in)
In This Recipe
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10-15 minutes.
- While the dates soak, combine all other ingredients except the date water in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Add the dates to the dry ingredient mix and blend.
- The batter will be sticky, and hard to mix. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the date water to allow for blending until you reach a thick, dough-like consistency.
- Roll into 1/2 inch balls and roll into cacao powder to cover.
- Store in the freezer. When ready to eat, let them warm to room temperature.