Author Notes: My favorite holiday recipe my South Georgia Granny made when I was growing up. This is a heavy bread. The recipe can be doubled to make in a bundt. —Brittnie
Makes: a loaf pan
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hrs 30 min
cups All-purpose flour
teaspoons Baking powder
teaspoons Vanilla extract
quart Pecans (coarsely chopped)
pound Dates (pitted and chopped)
- Sift together flour baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, Beat eggs.
- Add sugar to eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to the eggs and beat well.
- Add vanilla, pecans and dates.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place into a well greased loaf pan.
- Cook at 300 F degrees for 30 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 250 F degrees and bake for 1-1 1/2 hours longer. Allow to cool slightly before removing.