Author Notes: These fluffy buttermilk waffles from Snoop Dogg (yes, that Snoop Dogg!) have the perfect balance of sweetness and tang. They're perfect on their own with a little bit of maple syrup drizzled over top, but we especially love them served under Snoop's heavenly potato chip fried chicken. —Food52
Food52 Review: Reprinted from, From Crook to Cook by Snoop Dogg with permission by Chronicle Books, 2018. —The Editors
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups all-purpose flour
cup granulated sugar
tablespoons yellow cornmeal
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for serving
Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a waffle maker to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cornmeal, and baking soda until combined. In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the buttermilk, vanilla, and melted butter. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet until incorporated (the batter will be lumpy).
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, pour the batter into the waffle maker and cook the waffles until golden brown.
- Top each waffle with a large pat of butter. Add your favorite piece of fried chicken and pour on plenty of maple syrup.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!