Author Notes: Simple to make and fast to devour, these raw walnut brownies are healthy, nutritious and delicious. They're also vegan, gluten- and sugar-free. —Elizabeth | Vancouver with Love
Makes: 9 small brownies
Prep time: 10 min
cups raw walnuts
cups cacao powder
cups unsweetened shredded coconut
tablespoons coconut oil
- If you have a food processor, place all ingredients into it and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- If not, add the walnuts to a blender and process until they form a flour.
- Blend the dates the same way until they are broken into small pieces.
- Add the walnut flour, date pieces and all other ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Scoop the dough into square or rectangular plastic tupperware (about 10-15cm wide), press it down flat with your fingers and score into small squares or rectangles with a flat knife.
- Leave in the freezer for 1-2 hrs to set (if you can wait that long!), pry the square brownies out of the container using the flat knife, and eat. Store any leftovers in the freezer.