Author Notes: Everyone loves a big fat bakery cookie. These are even better cause I’ve added a secret ingredient that gives it the perfect crispy texture on the outside with a gooey soft chocolate center. And they are HUGE vegan chocolate chip cookies so you can smash your sugar fix and return to life as a normal human. —Sara Kidd
Serves: 15 large cookies
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
grams vegan butter softened to room temperature
grams light brown sugar
grams white sugar
tablespoons vanilla extract
tablespoon Flax seed egg replacer (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp water mix and let set for 15 mins)
grams all purpose flour
grams corn starch
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
300 - 400
grams vegan chocolate chips or bits
grams vegan bread crumbs
Sea Salt Flakes
- Preheat oven to 190C/374F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment add butter and sugars. Mix on low until just creamy.
- Add flax egg and vanilla, and beat on low until just combined
- In another bowl sieve together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together until combined. Add to large bowl and mix on low until just combined.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and use a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips
- Using a large spoon, weigh out 90g of dough, roll into a perfect ball.
- Put bread crumbs into a small bowl and cover dough ball in bread crumbs. Place on baking tray. Repeat the process and put 4 balls per tray.
- Bake in the oven at 200C/400F for 15 - 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown
- Let cool on tray for about 12 minutes before serving warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool down
- Sprinkle sea salt over the top of cookies