Author Notes: Buttery and blue, this cookie is a twist on the Scottish classic. Pack for picnics, serve with lemon sorbet or enjoy just on their own. Beware, it is impossible to eat just one! —Bow Hill Blueberries
Makes: 40 cookies
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 7 min
cup butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
cup Bow Hill Organic Heirloom Blueberry Powder
teaspoon kosher salt
cup Bow Hill Organic Heirloom Dried Blueberries
cup red wine
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Macerate the dried blueberries in the red wine. Set aside.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, blueberry powder and salt.
- Drain the dried blueberries and fold into the butter mixture with the dried ingredients.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll into two cylinders, 1 ½ to 2 inches in diameter
- Wrap tightly in parchment paper and refrigerate a minimum of an hour.
- When firm, slice into ¼ inch rounds.
- Bake 7-8 minutes.