Put all your average stock together to make some good old fashioned "healthier" tuna noodle casserole.
Put all your average stock together to make some good old fashioned "healthier" tuna noodle casserole.—ckelly135
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Cans of Tuna (drained)
ounces Mushrooms (blend or whatever you have) I used a mix of crimini, shiitake and oyster
Jar of Marinated Artichokes
ounces Goat Cheese(or more if you like cheese!)
bunch Fried Onion Strings
cup Frozen Peas
Box of whatever pasta you would like
- Turn oven to 450.
- Cook pasta per directions subtracting two minutes from cook time. Once done drain and set aside.
- Discard core of cauliflower and chop remaining florets roughly.
- Mix chopped cauliflower with 4-5 pieces of artichoke. Add in some of the artichoke marinade from the jar. Add salt, pepper and garlic. Mix to combine and put into baking dish. Add 1/3 cup of water and bake until tender (about 15 minutes). Then set aside.
- Chop onion and mushrooms.
- Melt 1 TBSP butter in a ceramic dutch oven add onions. Sweat the onions.
- Once onions are starting to get translucent add in chopped mushrooms and sauté to soften slightly and add 6 artichokes.
- Add cooked pasta to onions, artichokes and mushrooms and combine.
- Using blender pulverize cooked cauliflower mixture to a mashed consistency. Use some of the water in the baking dish if needed to get a mushed consistency.
- Combine pasta mixture to cauliflower mixture.
- Add drained tuna. Combine.
- Add frozen peas. Combine.
- Be generous with salt and especially pepper. (add red pepper flakes if desired).
- Sprinkle generous helpings of goat cheese and fried onion to top of dish and put in the oven for 10 minutes exposed. (Broil if you'd like to give the dish some color!)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta