A simple, delicious and elegant Israeli couscous meal.
A simple, delicious and elegant Israeli couscous meal.—Lauren
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
cups Israeli couscous
Jumbo frozen Shrimp (cooked or uncooked)
cup Grated parmasean
Stick of butter (salted)
In This Recipe
- Begin by cooking the Israeli couscous per the instructions on the box or bag.
- As the Israeli couscous cooks, add 2 tbsps of butter and one finely diced shallot to a pan on medium heat.
- After the shallot is softened, add the champagne to the pan and let it reduce for 3 minutes.
- While the sauce reduces, take the tails off the frozen shrimp. Then add the shrimp to the sauce.
- While the shrimp heats in the sauce , add the remaining butter and let it melt into the sauce.
- Add the Israeli couscous to the sauce in the pan. Allow the couscous to absorb the sauce.
- Add the parmasean cheese.
- Serve hot. Add more parmasean cheese to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta