If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's nice to have friends all over the globe. A dear one is Barnali. She is from the West Bengal region and grew up with house cooks. I went to Uni with her and she brought her cook for a year. (It was a sad, sad day when he returned to India.) This is his recipe. —SweetTea
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander (cilantro in USA)
- vegetable oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet (I use a wok). Quick fry the onion over a high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the chicken, turmeric, chile powder, and salt. Cook until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes, flipping the chicken often.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Stir in the ghee, ground cumin, ground coriander, grated ginger and fresh coriander. Continue simmering for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot.