This is our favorite summer pasta. You can use any kind of cherry tomatoes. I often mix sun gold and red cherry tomatoes.
This is our favorite summer pasta. You can use any kind of cherry tomatoes. I often mix sun gold and red cherry tomatoes.—brunobunny
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 35 min
cup olive oil
cup chopped bacon
pints cherry tomatoes
large yellow onion
cloves of garlic
teaspoon red pepper
cup fresh basil
- Add a 1/4 cup of olive oil in large pan
- Add 2/3 a cup of chopped bacon, cook until crisp, remove bacon from pan, blot on a paper towel.
- Add chopped onion cook until soft, but not brown
- Add 4 cloves of minced garlic, cook until soft
- Add 3 pints of cherry tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes. Put your apron on and mash with potato masher
- Add bacon back in and add red pepper. Keep warm
- Boil water, cook spaghetti according to package
- Drain spaghetti and add to pan. Mix 1/2 cup of fine Parmesan cheese. Add chopped basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta