Olive Oil Herb Roasted Chicken and Veggies is a simple, healthy, delicious one pan meal and a great recipe idea for Sunday dinner or a no fuss weeknight meal!
Roasting Chicken, 5-6 lb
head of garlic
In This Recipe
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Remove giblets from chicken. Rinse and dry well. Season the cavity of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Place chicken in large roasting pan.
4. Brush with the two tablespoons of olive oil and season with the one teaspoon of rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Clean the head of garlic. If the cloves are small, leave them whole. If the cloves are large, slice in half lengthwise.
6. Clean the onion and cut into eighths.
7. Rinse and dry the yellow potatoes. No need to peel yellow/golden potatoes. Cut into eighths.
8. Rinse and dry the baby carrots.
9. Place the third cup of olive oil into a large bowl. Add spices and herbs and whisk well.
10. Add the vegetables and toss to coat.
11. Arrange the prepared veggies around the chicken.
12. Place chicken and vegetables on middle rack in oven.
13. Roast, uncovered for about an hour and one half. Baste the chicken occasionally with pan juices.
14. Chicken is done when meat thermometer registers 170 degrees when inserted into thigh.
15. Serves 4