Author Notes: This recipe came about when we were contemplating what to do with the remainder of a cured pepperoni log and our favorite pepper sauce. What resulted was an elegant, rich and decadent dish that surprised and delighted.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
Fettuccini, spaghetti or angel hair pasta
pint Heavy cream
Medallions pepperoni (minced)
Large white onion (minced)
tablespoons Lovestuff Five pepper Sauce
tablespoon Butter or olive oil (use both if you are feeling a certain way)
teaspoon Salt (to taste)
tablespoons Stock or broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
sprig Tarragon (chopped)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Add the pasta and cook to al dente, according to package directions
- Warm a large sauce pan with medium high heat and add butter/olive oil. Then add minced onion and pepperoni. Cook down while stirring until onions are translucent, about4-5 minutes.
- Next add stock/broth and Lovestuff Five Pepper Sauce and let cook for 1 minute until slightly reduced.
- Now add heavy cream,salt and let cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce coats back of spoon. The longer you cook this sauce the thicker and more concentrated it gets.
- Add your pasta to the pan, toss or use tongs to coat your pasta thoroughly. After 30 seconds place your pasta and sauce in serving bowl and enjoy with friends. Garnish with some sweet, sweet tarragon
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pantry Pasta