Author Notes: Vietnamese egg coffee is a perfect balance between bitter and sweet. This easy coffee recipe used egg yolk, condense milk and robust coffee. The results is a rich and delicious coffee, perfect for Sunday brunch.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 2 min
tablespoons condensed milk
packet 0.2 oz vanilla sugar or 1tsp vanilla extract
tablespoons coffee ground (Cafe Du Monte brand prefered)
cup boiling water
Vietnamese coffee filter
- To make the vietnamese coffee: remove the middle metal filter and add in 2 tablespoons of coffee ground to the base. Close tightly.
- To brew: Add a small amount of boiling water to the base. Then fill the filter with boiling water all the way to the top. Close lid.
- To prepare the egg mixture: Place egg yolks, condense milk, vanilla sugar in a measuring cup or a bowl. Using a hand mixer, whisk the mixture on low speed until combine, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to medium high and whisk for about 1 to 2 minutes, until egg is fluffy.
- Pour the egg mixture over the coffee. Enjoy
- Recipe Notes To keep the coffee warm, place the cup of brew coffee in a bowl of hot water bath while preparing the egg mixture.