Author Notes: "Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride."... Anthony Bourdain. This is one of our favorite rides, concocted by my wife after a visit to one of our favorite Italian restaurants. Quality ingredients, as in most recipes, can elevate this treat from very good to truly memorable. —MTDavids
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
ounces frozen or fresh raspberries
cup fresh orange juice
gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place raspberries, orange juice, and honey in a blender. Blend well. Send through a strainer to remove seeds.
- Slice peaches into twelve sections and remove skin. Halve or chop each slice.
- To assemble, place a scoop of ice cream in the bottom of each deep desert dish or glass.
- Top with peach and 1 tablespoon of sauce. Repeat for second layer.
- Finish each with a scoop of ice cream and place in freezer for 15 minutes before serving. Do not allow to stay in the freezer too long or the peaches become flavorful, tooth-breaking marbles.