Author Notes: If you’re looking to add more plant based protein snacks into your diet, beans and legumes are not only tasty but also loaded with iron, B vitamins and soluble fiber.
Follow my step-by-step instructions on how to make this healthy chickpea snack. —Irini Savva
Makes: 2 cups
Prep time: 8 hrs
Cook time: 40 min
cups chickpeas, uncooked
cups chickpeas, soaked, drained and rinsed
teaspoons sea salt
teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place the dried chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with water. Leave it to soak overnight - about 8-12 hours.
- The next day, drain and rinse the chickpeas well.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients onto the baking sheet and toss well. Bake for 40 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden and crispy.
- Cool completely before serving or store in a sealed jar. The chickpeas will soften once stored in a container.