Author Notes: Easy, Dairy Free, Eggless and Gluten Free Cream Puffs —Limitless Allergies
Makes: 10 puffs
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 45 min
cup dairy free butter
cup gluten free flour
tablespoons dairy free milk
tablespoon sugar, for topping
can spray Cake Mate Cupcake Icing
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450o F.
- In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour to the saucepan, stir. Keep stirring until the mixture pulls away from the side of saucepan. A ball should form around the spoon. Take it off the burner and let it cool slightly.
- Add a tablespoon of water at a time and stir to mix after each one.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough, shape it into a ball roughly (be careful the dough will be hot). Place it onto a baking tray, repeat until all the dough is used up. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350o F. Bake further for 25 more minutes. Be careful not to over bake.
- Cool the puffs for 15 minutes. Then use a knife to cut the top off of each puff. Fill each puff with a squirt of the icing. Place the top back. Serve and enjoy.