Author Notes: Adapted from Maialino's Olive Oil Cake
I added raspberries and used Thinking Tree Spirits' Peach Liqueur instead of Grand Marnier. Also, I cut the sugar down quite a bit, to 200g. The raspberries were a wonderful addition, I only wish I had bought more to add to the cake. Unfortunately, the orange juice overpowered the peach liqueur. In the future, I'd either use more liqueur, different juice (maybe peach or guava?), different zest, or less juice and zest or some combination of all of the above.
Makes: a 9 inch round cake
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon baking powder
grams olive oil
grams whole milk
tablespoons orange zest
cup orange juice
cup peach liqueur
cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Oil a 9-inch baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except raspberries (oil, eggs, milk, zest, juice, peach liqueur) in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, whisk until combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 50 minutes, checking at 40 for done-ness (when a fork comes out of the center clean and the top is golden).
- Let cool for 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate or rack to cool completely.