I tinkered with the Maialino Olive Oil Cake to make it gluten free and because I really hate Grand Marnier (thanks to an unfortunate incident post-college). It worked out very well- crunchy sugary crust and all! —ncindc
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Makes 1 9" cake
Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/3 cups
In This Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 9" cake pan by spraying with cooking spray and lining the bottom with a parchment round.
- In a large bowl, zest the orange into the sugar (save the orange, you'll need it in for the next step). Rub the zest into the sugar until it's well incorporated (the sugar should be slightly orange). Add in the gluten free flour blend, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and whisk to combine.
- Squeeze the orange and measure out 1/4 cup of juice. Combine that with the olive oil, milk, eggs, and spiced rum.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter in to the pan and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, approximately an hour to an hour and 15 minutes
- Cool cake in pan for at least an hour, then invert onto a serving tray or cake round and cool completely.