If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What I think you’ll like about this recipe is that it’s completely flexible; use brie, sharp cheddar, swiss, havarti, emanthaler and other great cheeses that stand up to apples. The nutritional fiber from the apples and protein from the cheese and prosciutto will keep you satisfied. —Allison from Haute Box
granny smith apples
applewood smoked cheddar or cheese of your choice
thin slices of prosciutto, sliced lengthwise and halved
tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil for drizzling. optional!
- Core the apples and carefully make thick slices. Do not halve the apple slices, that will happen later.
- Place the apple slices in a bowl and cover with the fresh lemon juice to prevent the apples from browning.
- Place a nonstick grill pan over medium to high heat. When the grill pan is hot, add apple slices and grill for about 60 seconds per side. You want the grill marks but want to ensure the slices do not become too soft and gummy.
- Cool the slices on a wire rack. Cut the apples slices in half when they have cooled.
- Wrap a cube of the applewood smoked cheddar with a piece of prosciutto and attach to the apple slice with a toothpick. Time to serve and enjoy!