I should warn you, that I like apricots on the tart side. So, feel free to use more sugar (up to 150g, or 100g sugar and 50g honey). Also, you might want to add nuts instead of oats in your crumb topping. I think it might be a good idea. Next time I'll remember to do so! —Katya Moskalenko
For the dough and crumb topping
unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
For the apricot filling
In This Recipe
1. Line 23cm square pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on the sides, and spray it with the cooking spray.
2. Make the dough by creaming 150g butter, 60g sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add ground cinnamon and 240g flour, mix well until the dough is smooth.
3. Transfer the dough to the baking pan and make it flat. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, mix quartered apricots, water and sugar in the medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat about 30 minutes, or until you've got jam texture.
5. Preheat oven to 180C.
6. Bale the dough about 25 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
7. Meanwhile, make the crumb topping by mixing 1 tablespoon oats, 60g flour, 40g sugar, 30g butter and a pinch of salt.
8. Spread apricot filling over shortbread, and top with the crumb topping. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.