- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 30 pieces
Fall baking is in the air right now and having homemade caramel on hand is the best thing ever. You can cover these soft and chewy treats with chocolate and give them to friends or stuff your baked good with them. If you want to reheat them back into a sauce you can put them in your hot cocoa, on top of your ice cream, or even in your frosting for a beautiful layer cake. —Three Hungry Bellies
stick of butter
fleur de sel
- Line a 9x9 pan with a buttered parchment so that when the caramels are cooled they are easy to take out of the pan and cut into pieces.
- Next, in a large pot stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and corn syrup on medium heat. Bring this mixture to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure you keep an eye on it as it will bubble vigorously.
- Once it reaches 250 degrees Fahrenheit, take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Quickly pour the caramel into the buttered pan.
- After 20 minutes have passed sprinkle the fleur de sel on top and then continue to let it cool another 2 1/2 hours.
- Once the 2 1/2 hours are up, cut them into small rectangles and wrap them in wax paper or parchment paper. Which ever you have on hand is good!