If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently fell in love with Georgia Pellegrini's book Food Heroes and will be giving it to various friends for the holidays. I am also giving away a copy to one lucky winner on my Food Heroes post from Monday. It's a great read and has wonderful recipes. The recipe below is my adaptation of Georgia's grandmother's fruit pudding, which I think you'll enjoy. http://www.elanaspantry.com/georgias-fruit-pudding/ —elanaspantry
- 8 dried apricots
- 4 prunes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place dried fruit, cinnamon, salt and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer
- Cook at a simmer for 30 minutes until fruit is reconstituted
- Place fruit mixture, eggs and vanilla in blender and puree until smooth
- Dish mixture into ramekins, then top with pecans
- Bake ramekins at 350° for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven then cool and serve