If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the moistest most delicious gingerbread cake recipes I have ever tasted. If you eat it warm with whipped cream it takes like a fluffy cake, but if you let it sit overnight, it becomes almost a gingerbread pudding! One of my favorite holiday recipes! —Megan Mitchell
Makes 1 9x9 cake pan
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a cake pan with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment into pan. Make sure it reaches up all of the sides. Grease the paper.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses and egg.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, spices and salt (not the baking soda) and then add mixture gradually to butter and sugar mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in the hot water, and gradually add to batter. Mixture will be thin.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake is light and springy.
- Serve warm or cool with whipped cream.