If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family has been making these bars for a long time - you'll find that even the staunchest 'anti-fruit-mince' people will love these rich, moist and scrumptious bars. They're a perfect way to use up your leftover mincemeat (or a good excuse to make some or open a new jar). —aussiefoodie
- 3 ounces butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Stir in sifted flour and mix well.
- Press into the base of a lined 11 inch brownie pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350F) for 10 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups dessicated coconut
- 1 cup fruit mince
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients, coconut and fruit mince and mix well.
- Spread the prepared topping over the baked base and bake for a further 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- When cool, cut into squares and dust with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut