If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is incredibly addicting. I do not say this lightly. I have had guests fall in love over it; wrongfully convicted people celebrate their freedom over it; and I've been the subject of mass mailings to demand the recipe. It is simple, but absolutely delicious. Serve it on toasted baguette rounds and stand back! —tulueats
pints of ripe cherry tomatoes
small logs of goat cheese, crumbled
bunch fresh basil, julienned
tablespoons good olive oil
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
large clove of garlic, pressed
black pepper, to taste
baguette, sliced into rounds and toasted
- Slice each cherry tomato into quarters and put into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pressed garlic, salt and pepper. Add basil.
- Pour vinaigrette over tomatoes and fold in goat cheese.
- Serve with toasted baguette rounds
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish