My mom always made the BEST and this is my best-created version of it! It is versatile so add more or less to your tasting!!! It is best on croissants....YUM —Laura
- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 4-6
garlic powder, salt, pepper
roughly chopped toasted almonds
red, seedless grapes cut in halves or quarters
Stalks of Celery
Green Onions (white and green parts) sliced thin
Fresh Dill or herb of choice
fresh lemon juice from 1/2 small lemon
In This Recipe
- For poaching the chicken, fill a medium-size pot with the raw chicken and add the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder making sure the chicken is covered. Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Bring the liquid to a low simmer, cover the pot and poach the chicken for about 20 minutes or until completely cooked through (center should be 165 ° and the juice clear). Make sure it stays at a low simmer and not a boil. While the chicken is cooking, cut up and measure out the salad ingredients and put in a large bowl.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon remove the chicken onto a cutting board. Discard or save the broth for another use. Let the chicken cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to handle, chop or shred the chicken and place it in the large bowl with the other ingredients. Taste and add any ingredients as preferred.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour or more so that the flavors can come together. Serve on croissants, bread, toast, lettuce, or with crackers on the side