This recipe is the perfect size for a mini Paella Pan and one per person for brunch or children are easy and quick. This recipe is for one pan. It can be multiplied for more. For a 10" pan use four portions of this recipe. Inspiration for this adaptation came from a 1976-77 copy of the then Lane Publishing Co's Sunset magazine. There are however many versions and it has become a common breakfast treat. In 1978 these were renamed "Happy Pancakes" by my then three year old son Ian and his best friend John. —Kathie Hood
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Makes one
all purpose flour
fresh seasonal fruit
or lemon juice and dash of powdered sugar
- Set rack in oven to center of regular oven and lower in counter oven. Not appropriate for microwave. Convection speeds the baking in some ovens.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in pan Place pan in oven to melt butter
- Add egg(s), milk, salt to blender until completely blended. Add flour and blend again until smooth. (I do make with whisk in bowl when I wish a short cut)
- Pour mixture into pan If you are making more than one divide the batter equally between pans pouring directly from the blender pitcher to pan on open oven rack Close immediately!
- Set timer for 20 minutes and remove immediately when alarm goes off. Adjust timing for your own oven as you make them more frequently. Remove from paella pans to plate. Serve immediately with fruit or lemon & powdered sugar.