To Make the crust:
1) Soak 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water. Stir and let sit for a few mins until it starts to gel.
2) In a high speed blender, mix 1/2 cup of softened coconut oil, 1/2 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of coconut flakes, 1/2 cup of walnuts, 1 5 softened dates, 1 TBSP of maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Pulse a few times and blend for 15-30 seconds until ingredients are well blended. You may need to scrape down container sides to help incorporate. Stir in flax mixture.
3) Line a tin with parchment paper, I used 10X6 but you could use a loaf tin to have slightly thicker bars.
4) Spread crust mixture into tin and let tin sit in the freezer while you prepare the next layer.
To Make Cheesecake filling:
1) Make sure to soak your raw cashews so they are soft.
I find pouring near boiling hot water over them and letting them sit for 15 mins is sufficient and drain.
2) In a clean blender, combine, 1 1/4 cup frozen cherries, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 1/4 tsp salt, soaked cashews, 2 TBSP lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract, vegan cream cheese. Process for about 1 minute, pausing to scrape down sides occasionally until the mixture is smooth.
3) Pour this layer onto frozen crust layer smooth out with an offset spatula.
4) Let these layers freeze ideally 4-6 hours. Overnight is ok too.
To make topping:
1) Blend 3/4 cup frozen cherries with a 1-2 tablespoons of water.
2) Spread cherry layer, with fresh coconut flakes, and fresh blueberries for topping.
3) Feel free to freeze for another 30 mins or until ready to serve.
When serving, I recommend removing tray from freezer, and letting it thaw for 5-10 mins before enjoying.
*I removed bars from freezer between cheesecake layer and topper layer, also thawed slightly, beforehand and put tin upside down on a cutting boarded and tapped lightly.
Bars should be stored in a well sealed container the freezer.