Creamy almond flavored ice cream sandwiched between double chocolate chip cookies —renee
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 15 minutes
- Makes 10 sandwiches
- Ice Cream Ingrediants
Creamy Oak Milk
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
All Purpose Flour
Vegan Butter or Regular Butter
Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Instant Expresso Powder
In This Recipe
- To make Ice Cream: Whisk cold oat milk, maple syrup and almond butter together. I found it easiest to use an electric stand mixer starting on low and then increasing speed to throughly combine. Add mixture to ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions. Place ice cream in freezer for a couple hours for it to harden.
- For the Cookies: Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl.
- In an electric stand mixer beat together softened butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add instant expresso powder to hot water to dissolve and add it along with the applesauce to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is preheating place cookie batter in refrigerator for about 20 minutes to chill.
- Drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Drop about 1/4 cup of cookie dough per cookie leaving space between for the cookies to spread. Bake for 12-14 minutes and cool.
- Assemble the Sandwiches: Using an ice cream scooper add one scoop of ice cream to the bottom of one cookie and top with another. You can eat them right away or freeze for a firmer ice cream texture.