- Prep time 16 minutes
- Cook time 25 minutes
- Serves 16
These gooey, fudgy homemade brownies are the best I’ve ever had, and I know you’ll agree! They aren’t too sweet, with rich dark chocolate flavor, a creamy, melt-in-your-mouth texture and that iconic crackly top! —allstarbaking
What You'll Need
all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
natural unsweetened cocoa powder
(1 and 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
ounces (2 bars) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
dark brown sugar, packed
large egg yolk
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, flour, cornstarch, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and 6 ounces (1 and 1/2 bar) of the semi-sweet chocolate. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Quickly whisk in brown and white sugars until combined. Make sure none sinks to the bottom! Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the eggs and egg yolk on high speed until pale and bubbly.
- Quickly add a small amount of the chocolate mixture and mix on high speed until combined. In increments, add the rest of the chocolate mixture, mixing after each addition. Batter should be glossy and thickened.
- Using a baking spoon or spatula, add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold gently until combined. Don’t overmix! Batter will be thick and smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth out until surface is even. Bake for 27 minutes or until set on top and crackly shiny crust is visible. Don’t go over this time!