- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
- Serves 6
Mangoes are the seasonal fruit. The flesh of mangoes are soft and it emits sweet frangrance. We can only enjoy mangoes in summer in India. There are hundreds of cultivated varieties have been introduced to other warm regions of the world. We can preserve raw and ripen mangoes and can have them for the whole year.
Raw mangoes can be preserved as pickles whereas Ripen ones can be preserved as jams and compotes. Some ripen mangoes will give a different taste other than its sweet nature. You can use any kind of ripen mangoes for this recipe. Adding the amount of sugar will change its amount of bitterness.
In this recipe we have used bananas as well. It is an unusual combination of mixing mangoes and bananas together but it will combinedly give a punch in our mouth.
Caramel will give a sweet and salty taste to the pudding.
- Mango compote
- Caramel sauce and Mousse
- step 1 Mango compote In a sauce pan add chopped mangoes, 1 tbsp sugar and lemon juice cook them well. When its cooked,mash and strain them.
- • step 2 Caramel sauce In another pan add sugar and cook them in simmer until it changes its color. When it turns light brown add fresh cream and butter cook them in simmer. Keep stirring and add salt till it thickens into sauce consistency. Transfer them in a bowl and cool completely. It should not become either too runny or too thick and should be in a pouring consistency.
- • step 3 In a large bowl beat the fresh cream well. Add powdered sugar and beat till it reaches soft peaks. If you don't have a beater then you can use a mixer jar to beat the cream till thick. Reserve some cream in a piping bag for decoration. Keep the bags in fridge until you use. Now add in the mango compote, caramel sauce, chopped or mashed bananas mix well. Now add the caramel sauce and fold them in.
- • step 4 Pour them 3/4th into the moulds and cool them completely. Pipe the beaten cream on top and serve chilled.
- Notes: • You can use any variety of banana. • Cool the Caramel sauce completely before you pour into the mixture. • Prepared Mango compote can be stored in freezer in an airtight container upto 6 months to 1 year. • Use one tbsp Sugar from 1/4 Sugar given in the recipe. • You can use fresh cream or whipping cream for this recipe. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRESH CREAM AND WHIPPING CREAM? Heavy cream /Whipping cream has the high fat content with 36% of fat in it whereas Fresh cream contains 25% fat content and it is easily available in the markets. It is commonly used for thickening sauces, coffees and soups. We use Whipping cream for frosting the cakes.