This delectable dish features our Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes (A5) cooked in garlic infused oil. The pan fried, tender Japanese beef is topped with grated daikon. The jasmine rice, beef cubes, and radish are draped in citrus-based ponzu sauce and garnished with sliced scallions. Garlic saikoro steak is flavorful, filling, and ideal for a simple yet sophisticated dinner at home! —Double8Cattle
- Prep time 30 minutes
- Cook time 20 minutes
- Serves 2
Double 8 Cattle Company Miyazakigyu Wagyu Beef Cubes
3-INCH SECTION Daikon Radish (grated)
Large Garlic Cloves (peeled, sliced thin lengthwise)
Scallions (green parts only, sliced thin on a bias cut)
1 1/2 cups
- Tools Cheese Grater, Medium Stainless Steel Saute Pan
- FIRST STEPS Pull the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes from the freezer, and place them in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe. Pull the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes from the refrigerator (after they’ve thawed), and remove them from the packaging. Place the beef cubes on a plate, and let them come up to room temperature for one hour before cooking.
- PREPARING THE JASMINE RICE In a small saucepan, combine the water and kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Add in the rice, and stir. Bring it back up to a simmer, and cover the pot with a lid. Then, drop the temperature to low. Let the rice cook until all of the liquid has evaporated. Remove the rice from the heat, but keep it covered.
- PREPARING THE GARLIC SAIKORO STEAK Peel the daikon radish, and grate it on the large holes of a cheese grater. Lay the grated radish on paper towels to remove any moisture, and dry reserve. In a medium stainless steel saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons of grapeseed oil on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add in the sliced garlic. Saute until golden brown. Once the garlic is golden, use a slotted spoon and remove it from the pan (set it aside). Leave the garlic infused oil in the pan. Heat the oil back up until it is slightly smoking, and add in the Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes. Season the beef cubes with kosher salt. Let one side brown (for about 30 seconds) in the saute pan. Turn the beef over to brown the other side (for about 30 seconds). Repeat this process until all sides of the beef cubes are nicely browned. Once all sides of the beef cubes are browned, add in the sake. Scrape the bottom of the pan while doing so. Once the sake has mostly evaporated, turn off the heat.
- FINAL STEPS Divide the jasmine rice between two serving bowls. Top with the seared Miyazakigyu Wagyu beef cubes. Then, add the shredded daikon radish and browned garlic on top of the beef cubes. Pour the ponzu sauce over the daikon radish before serving, and garnish with sliced scallions. Serve, and enjoy!