Do you like Little Hearts Cookies? I loved the Spanish version called “Galletas Princesa” when I was a child. The other day I saw them in the supermarket and of course, I tought I need to bake something with them. Finally, I baked this cheesecake with a touch of lemon that gives it an amazing flavor with our buttery Little Hearts biscuits that its sooo good. You have to taste it!
English & Spanish recipe @meriendasdepasion.com —meriendasdepasion
- Prep time 2 hours
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 8
Little Hearts Biscuits
butter (100 g)
cream cheese (280 g)
granulated sugar (100 g)
eggs + 1 yolk
creme fraiche (200 g)
cream cheese (180 g)
full fat cream
confectioners sugar (50 g)
- First we prepare our cheesecake crust, we ground up our Little Hearts biscuits. We can do it by hand or with our kitchen robot. The biscuits are very crunchy so will be easier with kitch
- We melt 100 g of butter and mix it with the grinder biscuits.
- Prepare your mold with baking paper or grease ir and place the crust. You can use a glass to press the crust into the pan and over the edges.
- To prepare the cheesecake mix the creme fraiché with some drops of vinegar, a pinch of salt and a lemon juice teaspoon and mix it.
- Now add the cream cheese and mix it low until you have a smooth texture, do not overmix.
- Add 3 eggs and 1 yolk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, sugar, cornstarch and mix all together.
- Preheat your oven 200ºCelsius (392º Fahrenheit).
- Bake the cheesecake for around 1 hour, depending on your oven. To avoid the cheesecake from breaking you can bake it with a recipient with warm water into the oven.
- Let your cheesecake cool for 2 hours room temperature before serving, or 1 hour room temperature or 1 hour into the fridge. Let it cool for 30 minutes into the oven before to avoid the surface craking.
- Prepare the cheese frosting mixing the cream cheese, full fat cream and confectioners sugar until you have a smooth frosting similar to heavy cream.
- Place the frosting on top of your cooled cheesecake and decorate it with Little Hearts biscuits. You will love the acid cheesecake with sweet frosting and crunchy biscuits.