This Easy and Soft Toffee Bars Recipe is quick, tastes amazing, and is ready in no time. You only need 5 ingredients, 15 minutes of prep, and you can be whip these up in no time! —Coco
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
- Makes 35 bars
1 1/4 cups
(2 1/2 sticks) butter, divided
soda crackers (I prefer Nabisco Saltines)
packed brown sugar
sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
1 1/2 cups
chocolate chips (9 ounces)
chopped walnuts - optional
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line 9 X 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter in medium saucepan. Pour melted butter into prepared baking dish. Spread butter around bottom of dish and arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces if needed.
- Melt remaining 1 cup (2 sticks) butter in same saucepan; add sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sweetened condensed milk. Pour over crackers.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle evenly chocolate chips and let stand for 5 minutes; spread evenly. Optional; sprinkle with nuts. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove from parchment paper; cut into pieces.
- Notes: You can substitute graham crackers for the saltine crackers. If using nuts, you can substitute pecans for walnuts. You can substitute heavy-duty aluminum foil for parchment paper.