This is a delicious Christmas cookie recipe for amazing light and airy Fairy Kisses Cookies. Sugar cookie base – Candy – Meringue on top. Most perfect for that special holiday season of the year and gone before you can count to 10 😉 . —Twosisterslivinglife
- Prep time 45 minutes
- Makes 48
- Sugar cookie dough
all purpose flour
cold butter cut into small cubes
large egg whites
- Sugar cookie dough
- In a medium sized bowl cut the cold butter cubes into the flour until the buttercups are pee sized crumbs.
- Add all the rest of the Ingredients to the flour butter mixture and assemble everything into a dough ball. Wrap in plastic and let it rest for about 30minutes .
- While the dough is resting prepare the meringue.
- Roll out the dough until less than 0,5cm thick and cut out small round disks which are a little larger in diaper than the Toffee Candy.
- Put the disks on a baking sheet with about 5cm of space on all sides and put the Toffee Candy with the flat side on top.
- Preheat the oven to 302 degree Fahrenheit (150Degree Celsuis) .
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl of your stand mixer with the whisks attached until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat very well until the mixture becomes glossy and stiff.
- Sift the cornflour over the egg whites - sugar mixture and add the vinegar.
- Fold everything under carefully but thoroughly.
- Fill the mass into the piping bag with an extra large round or open star tip.
- Carefully pipe the meringue on top of the Tiffifee Candy. Start from the dop and keep this position while squeezing the meringue out from that one point. The meringue should cover the whole candy automatically.
- Repeat with all the other cookies.
- Place the baking trays with the prepared cookies into the oven . Not more than 2 trays.
- When the baking trays are in the oven, turn down the heat to 266 Degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies for about 15 minutes.
- Turn of the oven and let the cookies sin in the oven for another 10 minutes before you take them out.
- Don't open the oven door while baking or resting time.
- Carefully take out the cookies and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container.