This easy traybake recipe with sweet raspberries and nutty almond butter is the perfect crowd-pleaser that's ready in under an hour. Perfect to snack on or when you have guests around the corner. —Our Modern Kitchen
Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
1. Heat the oven to 180˚C and butter a 20x30 cm dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soft butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. (You can also use an electric mixer or hand whisk).
3. Add in the eggs, one by one, and beat until well incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually fold in the flour, ground almonds, and lastly the baking powder into the mixture.
5. Add the mixture to the buttered dish, roughly in big dollops. Scatter half the raspberries on top and spread around the batter.
6. In a small bowl, mix the almond butter with the coconut oil (if it is solid, heat shortly in the microwave). This will prevent the almond butter from drying out in the oven.
7. Add most of the almond butter in spoonfuls over the batter, mix a little bit with the mixture. Scatter the rest of the raspberries over, and add the last of the almond butter in dollops over the mixture. Lastly, scatter the almond flakes over.
8. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the traybake comes out clean.
9. Leave to cool and serve with a little dusting of icing sugar.