- Prep time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Cook time 45 minutes
- makes 8 to 10 small tarts
This dish is from my French recipe collection. This is a buttery tart shell filled with a creamy, rich chocolate ganache that makes a delicious dessert alongside a mellow café au lait.
It has 2 separate preparation which come together in final outcome.
1. TART DOUGH
2. CHOCOLATE GANACHE —Adam Schihab
Valrhona Chocolate (Itakuja 55%) - for chocolate ganache
Elle & Vire Cream 35% - for chocolate ganache
Liquid Glucose - for chocolate ganache
Unsalted Butter - for chocolate ganache
- In a KitchenAid machine with attached pedal, mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg while scraping the side of the bowl.
- Sift all dry ingredients together, then add into butter-sugar mixture and combine well until formed into a dough.
- Place the dough in refrigerator for 2 hours before lining it into tart moulder. Dough needs to be firm enough to shape.
- Line tart into tart shell moulder or any size ring you prefer. I use an 8 cm x 2 cm ring and a tart-dough thickness of 2.5 mm. Bake tart shell at 150 °C with rotating fan for approximately 15 minutes.
- Chocolate Ganache - Step 1 Bring the cream, butter and liquid glucose to a boil over medium heat using a small saucepan.
- Chocolate Ganache - Step 2 Remove cream from heat and check the temperature: when it reaches 45 °C, add chocolate.
- Chocolate Ganache - Step 3 Pour the ganache into the pie shell and place your chocolate tart in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Chocolate Ganache - Step 4 Decorate with chocolate or raspberry garnish.
- CHEF’S TIPS: 1. Use semi-bitter chocolate. 2. During baking, tart shell may deform. To avoid this, place some rice wrapped in plastic cling film, place on top of tart shell to keep tart in shape.