- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 10 minutes
- Serves 12
Simple, yummy muffins for when you're really craving chocolate! —Vegan Baker
What You'll Need
1 1/2 cups
gluten-free 1-to-1 flour blend
1 1/2 tablespoons
apple cider vinegar
almond milk (or other plant-based milk)
vegan chocolate chips (plus some for the tops of the muffins!)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and almond milk with a fork and set aside.
- Combine the corn starch and water in a microwave safe dish, and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds on high, or until they form a thick, egg white-like consistency when mixed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the apple cider vinegar-milk mixture and the corn starch-water mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until a consistent batter is formed. Add a splash more of almond milk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lined or greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean after being poked into a muffin. Let cool. Enjoy!