If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kerala Beef Fry It basically varies from region to region. Some people call Beef Fry as Beef Ularthiyathu while others call it as Beef Olathiyathu/Ulathiyathu. The recipe followed for Beef Fry, the common approach is to Marinate and Cook the Beef and then Pan Fry till the beef is completely dry —pauljoseph
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cm cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 750g stewing steak, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 coconut, flesh cut into shreds
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 cm piece of ginger, shredded
- 3 fat cloves garlic
- 2 green chilies, shredded
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Place the beef in a presser cooker and add coriander powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves , green chili ,coconut, ginger and garlic Mix well, cover the cooker and cook for few minute till the beef is tender.
- For finishing: heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and tip in the onions and curry leaves.
- Pour the beef sauce from the presser cooker
- Fry until almost all the liquid has evaporated.