Author Notes: The best thing after a long night of celebration is the big breakfast. I wanted to step out of the typical breads, eggs and bacon breakfast but still keep it satisfying; then I remembered my Indian teacher’s variations in using Ricotta- a great substitute for scrambled eggs. For the vegetarians out there: opt out the meat and put more veggies. —FrancesRenHuang
- 1/2 cup Ricotta, strained if too watery
- 2 chorizos
- 1~2 green chilies, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped roughly
- Snip off the ends of the chorizos and squeeze out the grounded meat, separating it into little chunks; place the meat into a non-stick skillet and cook over medium heat, covered, shaking the skillet every few minutes for even browning. Cook until brown, a little crispy on the outside, around 10 minutes; Pour out excess oil from the chorizo.
- Throw in the bell pepper and chilies with the chorizos over high heat, cook for 2~3 minutes and scramble in the ricotta.
- Finish off with chopped off cilantro and serve warm, with a few dashes of hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Fresh Ricotta