- Prep time 20 minutes
- Cook time 1 hour
- Serves 4 dinner portions
Every year around this time the cherry tomatoes come to the local Farmer's markets. One variety I like in particular is "Sun Peach". They're sweet and tart at the same time and when you roast them they are heavenly. These tomatoes inspired this recipe.
I'm one of those people who could live on pasta, it is truly my favorite food. I also love bread and olive oil. I was trying to come up with a pasta recipe for these tomatoes, but I didn't want it to just be Spaghetti and Tomatoes (too plain), so I opted for Long Fusilli instead and I added bread cubes to the roasted tomatoes. The combination hits all the right flavor notes. My wife and I will eat this all through the summer until the cherry tomatoes run dry! —panania
Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
Freshly grated cheese
Salt (big pinch, think British dash)
- Turn the oven on and set to 350.
- Halve the tomatoes and put them into a mixing bowl. Cut the baguette into quarters lengthwise and cut crosswise to create cube-like pieces. Place them into the bowl with the tomatoes. Place the garlic cloves into a garlic press and squeeze into the same bowl. Finally add oil, salt, pepper and mix. Once mixed, pour into a cookie sheet, shake until flat and place in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes. Afterwards, remove from the oven and let cool while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta, bring it to a boil again, add the salt and lower the temp until you get a low simmer.
- While the pasta is cooking, use a spatula to remove the tomatoes from the cookie sheet and add into a mixing bowl.
- When the pasta is al dente, with a set of tongs, pull the pasta from the pot directly into the mixing bowl. Once all the pasta is in the bowl, toss with the tomatoes. Add some additional oil if necessary.
- Transfer the pasta onto a few plates and then coat the pasta with the grated cheese and serve!